So this is how it starts… twelve days short of one year after I set up this blog I roll out the first post. I am not a procrastinator, I am another p word, a perfectionist, who is wincing as she taps out these few weak lines, cringing as I read what I wrote and apalled that I can’t put together a crisp, pithy sentence. Oh fart just post it. And be done. And move on, to tomorrow, and the day after. Hell if ten people read this and get a taste of what I am about, and care to come back, that is good enough. My hands are getting crepey- looking, and I wince when I look at them, too, as I am typing. NOt that I have to look at my hands when I type because I don’t- I had Typing II in high school- with a real typewriter. Then I feel old. Because of my hands and the fact that I was in high school back when we had typewriters. Thinking about bad writing is better than thinking about getting older. I can improve the tone of my writing; my skin, not so much. Especially when my insurance no longer covers Retin A and I have to use the generic version. I could go on. But you are getting the gist. This is me, and this is good enough. And fart where is the flipping “save” button here???
- Leverage unfair advantages in order to get the power to fix them via Penelope Trunk Careers - I had a friend in hig… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- It only takes 15 minutes to do 99% of the things you want to accomplish via Penelope Trunk Careers - To figure out… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- My 12-year-old son just told me he’s gay. How can I help him? via Penelope Trunk Careers - That's the phrase I sear… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- RT @IMakeAmerica: Great to have our supporters from @VolvoCE_NA join us on Capitol Hill today as we advocate for infrastructure investment.… 1 month ago
- How to manage your career if you’re black via Penelope Trunk Careers - Around 20% of the people I coach are black,… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago