So this is how it starts… twelve days short of one year after I set up this blog I roll out the first post. I am not a procrastinator, I am another p word, a perfectionist, who is wincing as she taps out these few weak lines, cringing as I read what I wrote and apalled that I can’t put together a crisp, pithy sentence. Oh fart just post it. And be done. And move on, to tomorrow, and the day after. Hell if ten people read this and get a taste of what I am about, and care to come back, that is good enough. My hands are getting crepey- looking, and I wince when I look at them, too, as I am typing. Not that I have to look at my hands when I type because I don’t- I had Typing II in high school- with a real typewriter. Then I feel old. Because of my hands and the fact that I was in high school back when we had typewriters. Thinking about bad writing is better than thinking about getting older. I can improve the tone of my writing; my skin, not so much. Especially when my insurance no longer covers Retin A and I have to use the generic version-THANKS MUCH Highmark. I could go on. But you are getting the gist. This is me, and this is good enough. And fart where is the flipping “save” button here???
- @khemaridh @arcadefire Timely album theme but The Suburbs set a super high bar for me. But I'll still see them in DC! 2 weeks ago
- So glad I found @khemaridh and Rad Reads- my Saturday morning energizer! And love that we love the same band @arcadefire 2 weeks ago
- “It’s okay to be busy” by @TaylorLorenz medium.com/@taylorlorenz/… 3 weeks ago
- Sunflowers starting to pop! @ Shade Valley instagram.com/p/BW2aoHgF8jll… 3 weeks ago
- I am so sick of my advice via Penelope Trunk Careers - In the Mailbag section of my site I ... tinyurl.com/y9x38q6b 3 weeks ago